Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” - Gail Devers


Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm picking up the pieces of a broken dream

Well I feel like I've just been kicked off the top of a ladder I've been climbing for years. My class is two weeks from graduation. This semester has been a struggle for me and I am not passing per my school's requirements (which are tougher than many schools'). Today we took the HESI exit exam. This exam is supposedly a guess at how likely we are to pass boards (although I've been told by many that the HESI is much harder than the NCLEX). The HESI is also a replacement for our lowest test grade from this semester. Well I brought up my lowest grade my 2 points. Big whoop. This means I need a 96 on the final to pass this semester. Of 75 questions, I can miss only 3. Yeah, right. I am angry with myself, as well as embarrassed, that I will not get to graduate with all my friends. It's really quite a blow to the ego, as well as to my determination. I find myself second guessing my decision to be a nurse. But I won't give up. I don't quit and I refuse to now. Obviously, my plan was not God's plan and I will just need to trust that He knows what is best for me and my family. Right now, it's hard to accept and it hurts. But, in the end, maybe this will just help me to appreciate that "RN" after my name a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment